On memory (or the loss thereof)
Ok, so I'm going to try out this "blogging" thing. It's still pretty new to me, and could end up being a huge time sink, but it's also got a lot of potential as a cool way to share pix & news with family & friends. So we'll see how it goes!
The thing that prompted me to start this today was something that happened to me this afternoon.
Ok, I've always prided myself on my memory - on not forgetting things. It's always "my friends" that have problems with forgetting things like keys, glasses, directions, etc. (and you know who you are! ;-) Well, I guess my age is starting to show... actually, has been for the past year or so. And it seems to be getting worse recently.
I had lunch with some friends after church today at a small restaurant in Pasadena. When it was time to leave, I searched my purse but couldn't find my keys. "Oh well," I thought - "thankfully I've got a spare set - maybe the others will turn up in the car somewhere." When I made it back to the car (after being at the restaurant for over an hour), lo and behold, there were my keys, laying out on the street next to my car! I have no idea how that happened - fell out of my purse? my hands? Who knows... all I know is that God protects the feeble-minded! Anyone could have come along during that time and made an educated guess that those keys belonged to that car and driven off with it! Thank-you for Your mercy, Lord!
On the note of spare keys... I highly recommend keeping a set in your purse if you've got one. I have left for work and locked myself out of my house twice in as many weeks lately. Spare keys to the rescue!
Oh, and speaking of failing memory... another humorous story that happened just the other week. I was picking up a Kentucky Fried Chicken meal for some friends of mine from church and had cut out a discount coupon for it. I got to KFC and couldn't find the coupon for the life of me. I could have sworn I'd put it in my back pocket. Since my home wasn't very far away, I decided to go back and retrace my steps. As soon as I stood in the exact spot where I'd cut the coupon out, it came to me... I'd put it in my coat pocket!! The thought never occured to me when I was at the store! Sheesh... now, maybe those are all common occurances for you, but I'm not supposed to be like this!!! ;-) Ahh, I guess God has a way of teaching us humility in due time...
So, my apologies to all of my friends & family members that I have mocked or teased over the years for your bad memories - I'm one of you now! ;-)


2 Comments:
Okay when Seth was a baby I locked my keys in the car and realized it in the store...I searched all my pockets and emptied the diaper bag. So I thought Oh well I will just call Aaron and have him come but will go ahead and finish shopping. Well, I finished my shopping and as I headed outside to wait by the car for Aaron I realized my car lights were still on...my car lights go off if the car is off...my keys were locked in the car and the car was still running!!! Aaron LOVED that! HA HA
Oh man! Thanks for sharing! What a hoot! (at least you have the excuse of having a kid to distract you... I don't! ;-)
Post a Comment
<< Home