Birthday celebrations
I'd really wanted to post this before I went in for surgery, but alas - didn't have time.
Some of the singles from my church get together for lunch two Sundays a month. On April 2, it also happened to be my friend Brenda's birthday, so we threw in a little celebration for her. We let her pick the restaurant, and ended up at a place called Big Mama's Rib Shack.
(l to r: Hannah, Grace, Matthew, Allen, me, Renata, Brenda, Lorraine; photo credit: waiter using Allen's camera ;-)Afterwards, a bunch of us went to Ross (a local discount store) to go shopping. Brenda & Renata found a bunch of cute PJ's for me to wear during my recovery after surgery (sorry, no pix available ;-).
Last, but not least, Brenda, Allen, Renata & I stopped by a Baskin-Robbins ice-cream store for Brenda's traditional birthday ice-cream cake! Since we missed celebrating Allen's bday the week previous, we included him in the celebration, too.

If I remember correctly, it was praline ice-cream w/ white cake.

The birthday boy & girl.

The gang: Allen, Brenda, Renata, me.

Did you know B&R doesn't carry any forks or knives? So we had to make do with their tiny plastic pink spoons, digging into a frozen cake. Here's Allen in action.

I found this a very interesting study in the different styles we all used in attacking the cake. Allen's was deep & narrow, Brenda's was, hmmm - not sure, Renata's was all over the place, mine was shallow & wide (but very neat & tidy ;-). I'm sure there's some deep psychological insight that can be gleaned from this. ;-)


2 Comments:
Looks like lots of fun.
great shots, Liz. Fun Fun memories!
Who is the next birthday friend? Can we come up w/ someone so we have that cake again???
:)
Love you,
Renata
Post a Comment
<< Home