Saturday, April 01, 2006

Some helpful articles

Here's a link to a blog post on the Solo Femininity site that I read recently that spoke to my heart, called Getting to the Heart of Your Worry. Seems rather apropos to my situation. She quotes from the introduction to an article she read:
"In Matthew 6:19-34 Jesus addresses worry. Before examining His words, let me offer you some hope. The very fact that Jesus Himself addresses worry means that there are answers from God for your problems. ... Furthermore, the fact that in Matthew 6 Jesus is addressing His own followers breeds hope. Why? Because it assures you that even believers in Jesus can and do struggle with worry. Even God's children experience anxiety. God knows that, and He wants to progressively liberate you from it. Our Lord's words overflow with hope."
Thanks, Carolyn! (McCulley, not Johnson ;-)

And the Girl Talk blog had a post recently called Q & A: Disappointed Hope, but in the 3rd paragraph down, she addresses the subject of the fight for FAITH, and quotes from Jerry Bridges book Trusting God:
"God in His infinite wisdom knows exactly what adversity we need to grow more and more into the likeness of His Son. He not only knows what we need but when we need it and how best to bring it to pass in our lives. He is the perfect teacher or coach. His discipline is always exactly suited for our needs. He never over trains us by allowing too much adversity in our lives.”
I recently dug out my old copy of Trusting God - guess I better start re-reading it!

(FYI - I'm posting these links more as a reminder to me of the truths they communicate, but I hope they minister to you as well!)

2 Comments:

At Mon Apr 03, 06:42:00 AM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, I agree that God helps us with our anxiety-we just need to let Him!! Not so simple sometimes. We forget His sovereignty (sp?) and that He has a reason and a purpose for all that we go through. (Yes-I think growth and relying on Him is the goal)
Love ya sis-sending hugs your way!
Love Ann

 
At Tue Apr 04, 09:40:00 PM PDT, Blogger Bethany said...

Liz there is another great article on the Rebelution blog I posted a link on my site. Hugs

 

Post a Comment

<< Home