Wednesday, March 22, 2006

More...

Ok, why am I blogging at 4:30 a.m.? 'Cuz my cold's gone down into my chest and I can't get back to sleep... hurts like heck... and my stomach was growling, so I got up for some hot tea & warm blueberry muffins...

I forgot to mention in my last blog, re: my cancer, that Dr. B. said the cancer was well-differentiated, was a less aggressive form, and he seems to think we caught it early enough to not be too bad a problem - all good news. Based on his exam of me, he didn't think it had spread yet. He also thinks the tumor board will recommend surgery - but that it shouldn't affect my speech or eating. :-|

It's a good thing God knows what trials are best for us, 'cuz I would never have volunteered for this one...

4 Comments:

At Wed Mar 22, 08:42:00 AM PST, Blogger Bethany said...

Liz I don't know if you ever read this post on my blog the "expect trials to multiply"
http://onanenchantedjourney.blogspot.com/2006/02/expect-trials-to-multiply.html
but there was a reading in "Beside Still Waters" by Spurgeon that was encouraging to me in my trial. I quoted it on that entry so you can read it there if you have not.

God loves you! You are not alone!

Please let me know if there is anything I can do that would help you out at this time.

Hugs

 
At Wed Mar 22, 04:25:00 PM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Liz my dearest friend,
I loved talking to you today...can't wait until you get better from your cold, then we can go get some of that good stuff at Fair Oaks Pharmacy we had w/ Brenda and Hannah.
You are so in my prayers, girl..actually you are the star of my prayers,:-), the most used words this week are PEACE and REST, peace beyond your understanding, rest that will come at the right time to give you a fresh start all day, everyday. For His glory.

Love you!
Beijos,
Renata

 
At Thu Mar 23, 05:56:00 PM PST, Blogger allen said...

hang in there sister! I pray your cold goes away soon. thanks for writing & sharing your thoughts

 
At Sat Mar 25, 12:39:00 PM PST, Blogger Liz said...

Hey Bethany, thanks for giving me that link! I was trying to remember where I'd read that. I remember thinking when I read it, boy - I must be really immature, 'cuz my trials haven't been all that tough! Other than still being single into my 4th decade of life (which certainly counts as a trial), I've had it pretty easy compared to so many others.

So this is a good sign then, eh? I'm growing up! ;-)

Thanks for all your encouragement, and for reading my blog!! :-)

-Liz

 

Post a Comment

<< Home