Saturday, April 01, 2006

Blood donation info

Several folks have asked me for info on how to donate blood on my behalf for my surgery. (Thank-you SO MUCH for even THINKING about that!!) Well, it might be too late, but in case not, I'm posting the info below. If it's NOT too late, then Monday would be the last possible day to give (they're closed weekends). You'll need to call ahead on Monday and ask them.

My blood type is A-negative. I can receive A or O neg. blood.
Location: Kaiser Blood Donor Center, 1515 Vermont Ave. (corner of Vermont & Sunset, Hollywood)
Phone: 323-783-6667 (need to call ahead; they take folks until 4:30 or 5pm)
They'll need:
My name: Elizabeth M. Johnson
My medical record #: 0012714113
Date of surgery: Thurs., April 6

The nurse coordinating my surgery told me Fri. morning he thought Friday was the last day for anyone to donate blood for me, but then it turned out the Blood Donor Center was closed all day!! (I was just there on Wed., couldn't give because of a question about my cold, told them I'd be back on Friday, and they never said anything about being closed that day... sigh...). BUT, he thinks MAYBE folks can still donate on Monday. And since the center is closed this weekend, I can't call ahead and find out. So thank-you to anyone who's determined enough to call, find out, and give, if possible!!

1 Comments:

At Sat Apr 01, 09:42:00 PM PST, Blogger Bethany said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home