Less than 36 hours and counting...
Ok, my 2nd surgery is just around the corner now... Thursday, 1st thing in the morning.
I found out today, in my pre-op meeting with Dr. Lueg, that I'll again have to wait a week for the final pathology report. I hadn't realized that though they test the margins of the incision during surgery, while I'm still knocked out, that report is just preliminary. They submit the tissue samples to more rigorous testing, but the results take longer. (I thought it was just the tumor testing that took so long). It's extremely rare that they have to reverse the conclusion of the margin testing, like what happened in my case - where the preliminary tests showed everything clear, but the final tests showed cancer - it only happens in 2% of cases. Gee, guess I'm special... ;-).
So I'll find out the final results on May 10 @ 10:30 a.m., in my post-op meeting with Dr. Lueg.
This time 'round is supposed to be outpatient, provided I don't have any serious problems with nausea & vomiting. So please pray that I recover quickly and can be released that afternoon. I'll be staying at the Bairds again for a few nights, with help from Cheryl. Hope to be home by Sat. or Sunday.
Please pray:
- that they get it all this time,
- that there's no recurrance,
- that I would recover quickly and easily from the
procedure, without nausea & vomiting,
- and that I would honor God in the midst of this,
whatever the outcome.
Thanks!
To come... more pix from Descanso Gardens! Diane & I stopped by there
today before my pre-op meeting - she'd never been before. The lilac
garden was wonderful, and there were delphinium galore that weren't
there before! Hope to post them tomorrow...


2 Comments:
Hi Liz, I'll be keeping you in my prayers, especially tomorrow. Angela Covey
it's after now...just wanted to say hello. recover on, soldier! =) (well, that and "you shouldn't be online - you should be resting!") haha
but seriously, I pray it went well and that you're getting well taken care of. I trust in this "down time" that God will love spending some quiet time with you.
Post a Comment
<< Home