Monday, April 24, 2006

Hospital pictures

Ok, what you've all been waiting for, I'm sure... ;-)

Actually, I can't wait to get the pix that Nurse Rosalie took - she managed to snap some my first night in the hospital. These pix I've got here were taken on Sat., April 8 - 2 days after my surgery. I'm only posting a few 'visible' ones - the more 'graphic' ones I'll make you click on to see ;-).


With some gifts... (thanks Rosalie, Rosanna & Jorge!)

With flowers from Mom (thanks again, Mom - they were beautiful!)

With plant from co-workers (thanks Ying!).

With flowers from Ann, Greg & Carolyn (click here). The tubes were for neck drainage (I was SO glad when those came out! They were sutured in... ugh.)

April 12, 6 days after surgery - just before the staples were removed. Click here.

Closer view of staples (titanium, no less) - click here.

4 Comments:

At Tue Apr 25, 05:50:00 AM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The flowers are beautiful-and the incision doesn't look as bad as I imagined it sis-I'm so glad that you have made the decision for surgery and I will update the prayer chains-I continue to pray for His strength for you-the Lord does have a plan and I am so blessed to have such a great sister-
Love and hugs-Ann

 
At Tue Apr 25, 10:50:00 AM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Liz, thanks for sharing the pictures! For a woman who just had surgery, you look really good! (...a little chipmunk swelling, but it's pretty minor, all things considered.) We are continuing to join you in prayer for the second surgery and are grateful for the fellowship of our faith that allows us the privilege to stand with you and others in this time. Love, Tim and Jennie Altstadt/St. Louis, MO

 
At Wed Apr 26, 12:36:00 AM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Liz,
You are an amazing woman! I'm encouraged by your beautiful smile! How often I don't choose to smile under much less difficult circumstances! The Lord has used you to inspire my faith as I've continued to read your posts and links to other sites. I'm praying for you!
Love,
Diane Byrd

 
At Wed Apr 26, 08:28:00 AM PDT, Blogger Bethany said...

Too bad you couldn't have timed this around Halloween. You would be the envy of all with those staples.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home