Happy New Year! Rose Parade pix!
Only 6 months since my last post... Oh well, this is definitely going to be an occasional thing!
So what better way to re-start my blog than with pix from the Tournament of Roses Parade, on Jan. 1, 2007, here in beautiful sunny Pasadena! I made it down to Colorado Blvd. around 8:15 this morning with my friend Leslie, visiting from back East, just in time to catch the start of the parade (we were fairly near the beginning of the route). My only disappointment is that I found out by watching a re-run of the parade on t.v. that we missed a fly-over by the B-2 bomber and 2 fighter jets - :-(. It's always thrilling to see the "stealth" bomber fly overhead - truly awe-inspiring!
Here are a few pix to start off (click the images to see larger versions). Theme of this year's parade: "Our Good Nature". I was thinking of you, Ann, while I was there - feeling so bad you were most likely missing seeing the parade on t.v.! So these were taken with you in mind! :-)
Once Upon a Time - American Honda (above & below). The dragon on top was supposed to breathe fire & smoke - I didn't see any.
Bad picture, but had to show what I could - this was the start of the Grambling State University marching band & majorettes, made up to look like Star Wars characters. Band members below.



George Lucas himself was the Grand Marshal, but doesn't show up quite yet... I'll try to post more later!













2 Comments:
I posted some on my blog too. I was on the other side of the street. Fun shots. Great parade. My boys loved it...especially the dragon and the star wars stuff.
wow! very cool sis! You MUST send me the tape!!! Love Ann
Post a Comment
<< Home